Before you pull out your wallet and buy some product you saw late night on TV, be aware that there are some simple lifestyle changes which will help prevent hair loss and thinning in a long run.
And you do not need to break your bank on thousand different hair care products which might or might not work depending on your specific hair problems and conditions.
Everyone is different and the needs of everyone are different, so finding what works best for you may take a little trial and error, but once you learn about the causes and the basic hair care techniques to prevent hair loss, you already won half the battle.
There are many types of all natural products and DIY ingredients that have helped women throughout time maintain beautiful tresses without spending a lot of money at the parlor. These time-tested methods are often much less expensive than man-made alternatives and do not have all the negative side effects that many of the prescription drugs usually contain.
With many of the natural remedies it might take more time to begin to see results, but if you are patient and stick with it, you are going to see results. And you won’t have to worry about all the bad side effects of the chemicals and toxins found in your favorite products.
Some of the most serious side effects from common hair loss prevention medications are acne, erectile dysfunction, growing of breasts (in men) and headaches. Wow, that’s a lot to put up with for a little more hair.
What can you do instead? How about starting with something as simple as doing regular scalp massages ( increases blood flow to the scalp which in turn promotes healthy hair growth) can make a world of difference, it feels good anyway and there are no bad side effects. What have you got to lose?
Hair care has a few very basic ground rules so to speak that are the foundation to caring for your hair on a daily basis. These beauty secrets are the bare essentials. Follow these basic steps on a regular basis and you are off to a good start.
- Avoid washing your hair in hot water.
- Eat foods that contain Biotin. Biotin is excellent for hair growth and reducing hair fall. Beans, banana, milk and dry fruits contain a lot of biotin for healthy hair.
- Massage your scalp in circles and brush your hair once or twice a day to increase the scalp circulation for healthy hair growth over time.
- Eat foods that contain vitamin B and iodine, especially those found in fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
- If your hair is oily, it’s a good idea to try and avoid oily foods altogether. Eat foods that contain vitamins A and B for healthy growth.
Hair loss in women can be caused by overuse of chemical products on the hair that build up over time. When this happens the follicles of the hair become clogged and the flow of blood to the follicles preventing proper circulation.
Simple yet effective tips and DIY hair loss mask recipes to turn your hair from lifeless frizzy and damaged to healthier, shinier and thicker:
- If you are suffering with a lot of hair loss, try to drink a glass of almond milk before bed or with your breakfast to meet a lot of calcium and vitamin D nutritional requirements. It is a simple blend of soaked almond and water and strained with a cheesecloth to extract the milk out of the blended paste.
- Onions are very good for your hair and they prevent hair loss. The juice of the onion helps to support blood flow, so onion juice is highly recommended for massaging the scalp. Onion juice is very rich in sulfur that helps to build blocks of hair. By regular use, you are bound to see the results in the form of new hair growth over time.
- You can also try mixing half a cup of coconut oil with some olive oil and massaging the scalp with the concoction for 10 minutes. Cover your hair with a plastic bag and place a wet warm towel on top of it. Leave the oil mask for 30 minutes to an hour. Wash off with cold water and feel free to use a herbal and Paraben-Free shampoo and conditioner. Repeat this process at least twice a week over a two-month period to experience the head full of shiny and soft hair.
- When you comb your hair, start from the back and comb towards the front. Start right above your neck to help the blood flow throughout the scalp. This also helps to prevent hair loss.
- Another procedure is to mix castor oil with almond oil in even quantities and applying on the hair as a deep conditioning treatment. Cover your hair with a plastic bag and leave this for half an hour. Wash it off with warm water and use a deep moisturizing shampoo to get rid of the oil from the head.
- Garlic oil helps to prevent hair loss and makes it strong and shiny. Put the garlic oil on your hair and massage your scalp well for few minutes. Leave this on for 20 minutes and wash off using your regular shampoo and conditioner. Do not use this mask more than once a week.
- To make your hair thicker and have more volume, mix 4 drops of rosemary essential oil with 2 tablespoons of honey and half a cup of olive oil. After it is well mixed, apply the mask on your hair and scalp for half an hour.
- Massage your head and scalp with a shampoo that contains natural and organic ingredients, rinse and towel dry. Apply mayonnaise evenly to the hair. Massage all over and leave on for 10-15 minutes, next step is to shampoo and wash your hair with apple cider vinegar mixed with water solution as a final rinse. Use a lot of cold water to seal in the moisture from the mayo conditioner.
WANT MORE? Watch the Video
The Only Natural Paraben-Free Hair Care Products We Recommend:
What is your favorite hair DIY secret or treatment that helped you with your hair loss problems?
Share them with us and others in the comment section below. If you like this post, please take a moment to share it using the social media button at the bottom.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in the post are affiliate links, and if you purchase through our links, we will receive a small commission. This helps support the work of The Holistic Radiant, and it is much appreciated! 🙂