Indian weddings go beyond just taking vows, tying the knot and entering into a lifelong commitment – it is a ceremony which brings the entire members of two different families together in celebration and unity.
It is also a union which transcends the physical, as in the case of the Pativrata Indian women in which they see their life partner as a precious gift from God.
For an Indian bride, it is a really big deal to look the best on her wedding day because she will be the center of attention all through the celebration, right from the moment she steps out of her father’s house during the Vidai ceremony up until when she enters the house of her in-laws.
So prospective Indian brides who are wishing to get that captivating, picture-perfect look on their wedding day should follow these simple DIY pre-wedding beauty tips that are sure to turn you into a blushing glamorous bride whom no one can take their eyes off.
The best time to start your pre-wedding grooming is at least two months to your wedding date, this should give you enough time to nurture your skin to look healthy for your wedding day. You can start by using a homemade face mask cut from dried orange peel in powdered form mixed with milk or yogurt, and applying it two or three times a week to clear your tan lines and brighten your complexion.
Scrubbing your face and skin with equal quantities of salt and sugar, and olive oil using a home-made scrub and then rinsing away will also help exfoliate your skin, leaving it moisturized and bringing out its natural glow.
Applying good quality sunscreen (with a minimum of SPF 30) before leaving the house and using some homemade curd paste with organic turmeric powder to your whole body while taking shower is very important to keep your skin moisturized and tan free. It is also advisable that you use an umbrella when going out to protect yourself from harsh sun rays.
Avoid any form of purely chemical cosmetics, soaps, and face wash at least a month before the wedding day because they may cause severe allergic reactions, irritation or redness. When you shower, take a pinch of turmeric and add to a mixture of BESAN (gram flour powder) and milk, to create a runny paste. Use the paste to bath at least twice a week, and to wash your face twice a day to help exfoliate and clean your skin of impurities.
Keep your hair nourished and manageable by oiling once or twice every week. Massage your scalp with warm coconut oil to make it lustrous, soft and silky and do not use curling irons, tongs or any hair straightening methods during this pre-wedding period to prevent any unwanted debacles on your big day.
Try as much as possible to keep your skin moisturized from head to toe, especially if you’re planning to get married in the winter. Take some pure olive oil and use it to massage all over your body every day after having your bath.
You can apply some honey to your neck and face every alternate day to reduce the loss of moisture. Also, mixing a few drops of lemon juice with water and dabbing your face with it using a soft cloth, then allowing it to dry before applying a night cream will naturally lighten your complexion overnight. However, do not use lemon juice on your skin if you’ve previously had any form of irritation towards it.
Besides doing facials and going for professional beauty treatments such as manicure, pedicure, bikini waxing, hand and leg waxing, eyebrow shaping, hand bleaching, hair spas, hair highlighting or perming, fresh haircuts and trimmings, teeth whitening and the rest, you can also take the initiative by doing some skin care, hair care and teeth whitening procedures in the comfort of your home to accelerate and enhance the pre-wedding grooming process.
Try out some natural teeth whitening remedies like rubbing lemon peels and mashed up strawberries on your teeth. They would do a really good job of bleaching your teeth, however, ensure that you rinse it off afterward.
Exfoliate your lips. You can do this by simply mixing some baking soda with water to form a gritty paste, then using an old toothbrush with soft and straight bristles, rub the paste on your lips in a circular motion, after which you rinse off your lips. Also, ensure that you apply lip balm generously before putting on your lipstick to protect your lips.
Maintain a healthy diet and drink lots of water daily prior to the wedding. Looking your best is nothing if you’re not feeling your best on your wedding day, and having a sound health plays a major role in keeping your skin, hair, nails and overall well-being in top shape on your big day. Drinking lots of water the day before the wedding would help ensure that you and your skin are properly hydrated.
DO NOT FORGET YOUR BEAUTY SLEEP- This tip is very important because it is the one most would-be brides fail to observe yet it does immense benefits to the body. No matter how busy you are with the wedding preparations, you need to create some time to relax and take a nap whenever you get the opportunity.
Also, ensure that you have a long night rest before the wedding day to avoid eye bags or dark circles and to keep your mind and body refreshed and active for the day ahead.
Eat These 9 Foods Every Day For A Month Prior To Your Wedding Day And Notice Your Skin Glow From Inside And Look Radiant On Outside
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: Will really do wonderful things for your system. Some say it helps your body process sugar and fat which helps in weight control. Apple cider vinegar helps in the shedding of dead skin over time. You can mix a teaspoon to a tablespoon in your juice or drink it straight if you can tolerate the taste. Organic apple cider vinegar is the best choice.
- CARROTS: The carotene in carrots is known to help to prevent premature aging. Known for their ability to improve eyesight they are also great for regulating the sugars in your body, detoxifying your liver which will help to prevent blemishes. Carrots are also a good source of the vitamins your body needs for healthy skin and hair. Carrots contain a large amount of vitamin A plus other nutrients that are wonderful nourishing agents for the skin and do prevent dry skin. The list of benefits from eating carrots is pretty impressive.
- APPLES: Have you heard the expression, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? For skin that is youthful in appearance, you cannot beat the benefits of eating apples, especially Red Delicious and Granny Smith. Not only will eating apples help with the elasticity of your skin but can help to protect damage to your skin from UV rays.Apples contain procyanidin B-2 which is known to promote hair growth and help in the prevention of cell damage.
- CRANBERRIES: Consuming cranberry juice or eating cranberries will help with your urinary tract health.
- SWEET POTATO: Another great food for preventing wrinkles from forming is Sweet Potatoes. They are loaded with vitamin A which do wonders for your skin in general. Your skin will be smoother and clearer. Sweet potatoes do not have the starch that the white potato has so it is a much healthier choice all around.
- VITAMIN A, C & POTASSIUM: Consuming citrus type fruits will help the body form collagen which holds the skin cells together. Be sure to include citrus fruit in your daily diet for its other health benefits like lots of vitamin C.
- TOMATOES: which are a fruit rather than a vegetable like most think are also great for the skin and contain quantities of vitamins A, C and, Potassium.
- BANANA is a good source of potassium. Actually, you might want to go bananas for bananas because of all of their great benefits. They contain natural oils and vitamins that help both your skin and your hair to maintain it’s strength.Actually just rubbing the peel of the banana on the skin, especially where there are any irritations like acne or insect bites can be very beneficial. Using the pulp of the banana directly on the face by mashing it up and spreading it on will help to make the skin soft and supple as well. Bananas keep the hair shiny and help it grow. They control dandruff and are great for repairing damaged hair while adding volume to it.
- WHEATGERM: Try to include some wheat germ in your daily diet.It will help to get rid of unsightly blemishes from your skin surface. Just add half a tablespoon of wheat germ to your oats or smoothie in the morning every day for a month. You will notice the results that will be visible on your wedding day.
HOMEMADE FACE MASKS TO GET THAT NATURAL RADIANT GLOW ON YOUR BIG DAY
OLIVE OIL: The Olive oil gives your skin a beautiful alive and shining appearance. This is pretty straight forward. Put Olive oil on your face and neck keeping it there 10 minutes or longer if it is needed. There should not be any excess to remove.
MILK: Milk is a great source of calcium but it also a great way to clean and moisturize your face naturally at home. Milk and rosewater is a very inexpensive ingredient to use in your bath water to get the spa-like treatment at home when you feel tired after a long day at work.
Apply milk to your face for a minute and then massage your face gently to get rid of dead cells. This will make your skin more alive and soft. Finish by washing your face in nice cold water afterward.
Another great recipe using milk is to heat 2 to 3 cups whole milk (enough to completely submerge both hands) in a pot on the stove until it’s warm. Pour into a bowl and let hands soak for five to 10 minutes.
The protein and vitamins A and E from milk deeply nourishes and hydrates dry and flaky skin. This homemade face mask will deep moisturize and make your hands super smooth instantly. No wonder why Cleopatra loved her milk and honey bath.
EYE MASK: Besides using cucumbers or used tea bags for your dark circles you can try using potato slices placed over your eyes. This will help get rid of stress and tiredness. Put a few chilled slices of raw potato over your eyes for 15 minutes every day, it helps to get rid of the dark shadows around your eyes and give the brightening effect.
Potato is an excellent natural bleaching ingredient for the skin.
HONEY MASK: Honey is one of the best moisturizers for your skin. Spread it over your face for 5 minutes as a face mask. Do this twice a week as a regular regime.
VITAMIN C MASK: Oranges are rich in vitamin C and do wonders for your skin. Dip a cotton ball into orange juice and wipe the face and neck every day. This will help to moisturize and revitalize your skin and make you look radiant on your wedding day.
Oranges not only taste delicious but are an excellent source to support the formation of collagen in our skin as we age and regular consumption of vitamin C rich foods and using products containing an adequate amount of vitamin C helps to maintain younger looking skin for a really long time.
INSTANT BRIGHTENING HOMEMADE FACE MASK
- Take ½ ground cucumber, egg white and 2 scoops of powdered milk.
- Mix all the ingredients together and then apply the mask to your face.
- Leave the mixture for 20 minutes and then wash your face with warm water.
You can use this treatment twice a week. Cucumber improves blood circulation making your skin brighter, and over time will naturally lighten the complexion of darker skin.
For this reason, it works wonders on fading dark spots for both fair, medium and dark complexions. For discolorations on your body try using sweet almond oil. This will help to whiten dark spots and soften dry skin areas of the body.
And Here are Some Of The Recommendations of The Natural Organic Products To Try Out If you are Short on Time
- Best Bridal facial kit
- Organic Rose Water
- Body lightening Oil
- Ayurvedic Radiant Skin Night Serum
- Natural plant Mask to get rid of black spots and pimples
- Gentle face wash
- Rosemary Oil for Faster hair growth
- World’s best hair oil for Thick hair
- Bodyherbals At home Spa
- Body Lightening At Home Ubtan (MASK)
Disclaimer: Some of the links in the post are affiliate links, and if you purchase through my links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the work of The Holistic Radiant, and it is much appreciated 🙂