Being a natural beauty should in no way feel complicated, but rather more effortless and in tune with the natural way of the earth. There is no elaborate plan involved or complicated limitations of the old way of living, just a remembrance of the natural way, and the gentleness of bringing one back to that.
One of the best things about natural beauty is that you can get started with whatever you’ve got in your kitchen. (Yogurt and avocado are my go-to’s for face masks, while a simple mix of coffee and olive oil is my favorite scrub.)
Just don’t let the do-it-yourself factor intimidate you. Keep it simple— no fancy equipment or obscure ingredients required.
Creating all you need, we are given the power to individuals to know what we need in its natural state, learn to be creative and self-reliant.
There is a saying– always follow nature, for it will never fail you. Everything else is experimentation, and you’re the specimen.
We like to rely on science and studies to help us feel secure and comfortable, but science lacks in that we can only examine that something applies to that moment in time it is observed so that it can change.
Your body functions from the inside out, so this is first and foremost in achieving natural beauty.
Focusing on nature’s foods: fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, rice, oats, and overt fats (plant-based diet) will reward you pleasantly and give you the nutrition you’ve been missing for so long: vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, fiber, water, Phyto (plant) chemicals.
Keep in mind that you are what you eat. Every 28 days your skin replaces itself. Every five months, your liver repairs itself. Your body is continually making new cells from the food you eat. By the time a year passes, your cells have been adequately replaced. You have a choice in what you’re made of.
A natural approach is, of course, better for the environment too; doing good inside and out, and around. Creating alternatives to your favorite kind of products is a fun, creative, and simplified process.
Growing a garden is a joyful way to appreciate food in its natural state, and to help one bond more with the process of nature and growing food, and how it connects to your body.
Setting up your kitchen is minimal, and you may find yourself using fewer appliances and making less complicated meals.
In the process, not only are you helping yourself and the environment, but you’re also being a good model for children and teaching them while they’re still young to instill these positive values that will carry them through their adulthood, and in generations to come.
Well, I am writing this because I know there are millions of people out there with many skin problems that seem not to go away. Yes, if you are like me you have tried all of the popular products.
But, what if I told you that to have a clear, naturally glowing skin you don’t have to spend a fortune on beauty cosmetics every month. You may not have to spend any money.
If you follow this guide to a T, I imagine that you’ll find that your sleep cycle improves, your wrinkles fade and notice radiant skin, your breakouts become fair, and you feel more energetic and lively each day.
Just to give you an idea of what you might have to look forward to.
LET’S HAVE A LOOK AT THOSE 9 TIPS YOU NEED TO FOLLOW FOR AT LEAST 3-6 MONTHS TO GET THE BEST RESULTS POSSIBLE
1. Drink lots of Water – Many of us with skin problems continue to drink all of these sodas that have a lot of acids, colors, preservatives, etc. Soda can mess up the face. Leave all sodas and other drinks full of sugar on the market alone and stick to only plain water. It is advisable to drink at least eight glasses of water a day. Water does wonders to the body.
2. Drink lots of Green Tea– Green tea is very rich in antioxidants that will help in decreasing your skin problems especially acne and aging skin. Try green tea in powder form instead of tea bag ones because this way you can enjoy 100 percent of the tea goodness. Aim to drink at least 3 cups of green tea a day for maximum benefits.
3. Eat a lot of Vegetables, Fruits, and Proteins Every day– You may have heard this before and many times, but some of you are still not doing it. Many vegetables and fruits have antioxidants and vitamins that can help in the healing and clear the skin over time ( raw organic baby spinach is my personal favorite.) Your diet should be plant strong — lots and lots of veggies! Eat real, avoid processed food.
Try to include a lot of fiber rich foods like prunes, apples, raspberries, blackberries, Adzuki beans, rice bran and acorn squash.
Even if I follow a vegetarian diet, I make sure not over to do it with processed vegan alternatives and soy-based items. These products tend to be very high in preservatives and other additives, and you should avoid it too.
Do not forget your protein because it is necessary for beautiful skin, hair, and nails. Did I just say Protein on a plant based diet?
Yes, I did because plant-based foods give you bundles of protein (and lots vitamins and minerals, at that) — beans, lentils, hemp seeds, chia seeds, quinoa, peas, organic tempeh, and tofu are my favorite choices and part of a daily meal.
Experts say that plant-based protein sources are considered as incomplete protein but if you combine cooked beans with a tasty bowl of brown rice or spread the yummy scoop of peanut butter over the slice of brown bread, that completes the all eight essential amino acids your body needs to function properly and will help to generate new cells or replace dead cells with the new ones. Eat it up girlie.
4. Use Pure Vitamin E Oil On Your Face– I promise you, It will make your skin look glowy and smooth in just about 2-3 months maximum. Vitamin E oil has all the healing and antioxidants properties to help in getting rid of all the skin problems at once. Apply to your face every night before going to bed and watch your skin transform.
5. Eliminate All Stress– I know for most of us stress influences our body and our lives every single day. We get busy, worry about things, have to make “urgent” decisions, have complicated relationships with many people, have deadlines to make, exercise a bit too much time or too hard; and they all form sources of stress to our bodies.
And a stressful body means our natural beauty becomes affected: stress lines in the face, bulging eyes, pimples, poor blood circulation and blotchy skin.
Avoid stress at any cost, I know, it’s easy for me to say that, but I mean it. Don’t spend your time worrying about little things that you cannot control; you’re not perfect, and you need to accept that.
Take some time to relax or to do something you enjoy. Doing regular workouts will cause endorphin release (a hormone that causes you to feel happy and affects hormone regulation in your brain).
6. Prevent Constipation And Maintain A Healthy Digestive System – And the quickest way to become naturally beautiful is through synergy. Use all of the information in this guide to improve everything that leads to healthy skin: proper stress management, a clean diet, external stimuli, and “good” intestinal bacteria. Sounds weird right? It did to me also.
But if you’re super-serious about achieving great-looking skin and hair, know that you’ll never arrive if you have “bad” gut flora. You already know the importance of food in your life.
What you may not know is that what you eat totally affects the composition of bacteria in your intestines. Foods found in the S.A.D. way of eating (Standard American Diet)—which is high in sugar and processed foods—encourage the growth of harmful bacteria.
Foods that are high in fiber and fatty acids lead to an increase of good bacteria. This means that more fruits, veggies, and healthy fats will help tip the balance of bacteria towards the “safe” side.
I highly recommend eating a wide variety of fermented foods and taking fermented drinks like Kombucha (one of my favorites!). This will give you a broader range of probiotics, and you also won’t be so reliant on supplements.
7. Massage Your Face Regularly – Facial massage is all of these- easy, intuitive and mostly absent from skin care routines even though it can be an excellent alternative to invasive treatments like Botox.
This has long been a secret weapon of aestheticians and makeup artists, who often give clients a face rub before sending them down a catwalk or red carpet.
By relaxing muscles and connective tissues, massaging the face softens expression-induced lines around eyes, lips, and brows helps expel acne causing toxins and de-puffs and brightens the eye area.
Face brush, konjac sponges, and dry brushes are excellent tools you can add to your daily beautifying rituals because they help to thoroughly cleanse the skin, helping you deeply clean out dirt and bacteria from your pores.
Dry body brushing is the best way to detox the skin all over your body by stimulating your lymphatic system. Cellulite occurs when toxic substances are trapped in fat cells, dry brushing is even thought to help reduce cellulite if used consistently with proper technique.
Watch These Videos To Learn A Proper Way To Massage Your Face And Dry Brushing
8. Go Easy With Makeup– Homemade tinted and non-tinted lip balms, an eyelash curler, and natural foundation can be the basis of your natural makeup.
You may just want to use a natural moisturizer, water/essential oil spritzer, and lip balm, and that is fine too; however, If you want to stick with your current foundation as a transition while your skin improves, that is also fine (or perhaps a different one if you’re unhappy with the safety results).
9. Natural Foundation – The idea here is to allow the skin to heal and improve to omit foundation eventually. For natural face foundation during the transition or as a daily habit, you can try a mineral-based one without chemical ingredients if you feel the need to wear one.
Check the Cosmetics Database for foundations with low scores (indicating the higher safety of ingredients).
Over time, you should find your skin tone improving and acne disappearing when utilizing the principles laid out for you above; however, it can help psychologically to continue wearing foundation as you heal your body and skin every day.
I believe that making changes slowly is better and results in more lasting change. Enjoy these steps and take your time.
My suggestion for you is to be consistent and don’t give up easily when you do not notice a lot of change initially while following these steps every day. Give yourself 3 to 6 months to see actual improvements in your skin and overall health.
For these steps to work properly, please add each step to your daily routine and each step must be performed on a regular basis. Remember to be gentle with yourself. Smile, laugh and treat yourself with tenderness.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in the post are affiliate links, and if you purchase through our links, we will receive a small commission. This helps support the work of The Holistic Radiant, and it is much appreciated! 🙂