Do phrases like getting smoother skin in 10 days, less visible wrinkles with our latest innovation; sun spots disappear in a fraction of a time, blemishes will disappear with our new skin brightening ingredients in a jar, sound familiar?
While your favorite beauty product may claim to be like magic potions for you, little do they tell you about how these are just claims and promises which may work and give you instant gratification.
Over time you will come to realize that the very skin problem you had thought of getting rid of by using this new product, slowly catches up and this time much worse, maybe even tenfold.
These synthetic, chemical based products may cause asphyxiation of the skin, accelerated dehydration and photosensitivity. In simple words, they cut oxygen exchange to the surface, facilitate premature aging and also aid in increased risk of sun spots.
They are a reason for some very harmful effects, symptoms of which we may tend to ignore like, skin irritation, chronic headaches, cancers, breathing disabilities, hormone disruption just to name a few.
Like all tissues, the skin is smeared, wrinkled, broken, aged and discolored. That is why it has to be cleaned, repaired, renewed and restored to its original color. The three layers of the skin have the ability to self-regenerate.
This regeneration takes place more than anything at night, which is why it is vital to include in the care a good rest, guaranteeing sleep between 7 and 8 hours each day.
But for this action to be carried out, it is necessary that you organism has everything necessary, that is, vitamins, minerals, proteins, enzymes, etc.
However, the good news is that our skin care is one thing that is totally in our hands. Switching to natural beauty products, a more holistic skin care regime could help bring back your skin to its fullest and brightest potential and also work in a way that will last a lifetime.
We’re all at our most beautiful when we’re healthy, so it’s truly ironic that so many of today’s beauty products are full of such toxic stuff.
Making your own soaps, masks, scrubs, and more is a foolproof method of ensuring that only safe ingredients end up on your skin— plus, it’s an excellent way to treat yourself to homemade spa experiences on the cheap and get that healthy glow we all crave.
Good skin care results in eliminating future problems as serious as skin cancer, not having infections and allergic reactions that can become very severe. Now, its care does not have to be complicated; you can take care of your skin in a natural, holistic and straightforward way.
While most of us think our skin to be just the topmost layer of our bodies and a mere covering for the internal organs, its role is not just that! Your skin is an organ by itself and plays a rather important role in your over well being.
It is time to make a shift in the outward skincare regime and change from the usual slathering of chemical based products to a more natural and organic set of goods that will heal skin naturally.
An organic, natural daily skin care regime will for sure have your skin glow and beam with happiness once again.
Natural skincare would mean using those products that are developed using ingredients derived from plants which may include some naturally occurring elements as well. The goodness of these ingredients lies in the fact that they are grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides, synthetic fertilizers, GMO and soon and often come with an Organic certification seal.
Companies into the production of such organic skin care products that guarantee holistic skin healing strive to maintain the integrity of these pure ingredients are by making sure they are little to no additives used and only the best ingredients for a particular skin type or skin issue are chosen, and natural preservative systems are used for longevity.
So instead of using parabens, that are synthetic and may mimic the body’s natural hormones, organic health and beauty products use natural preservatives, such as grapefruit seed extract, that won’t affect your body in a negative way.
Another great thing about holistic skin care healing techniques is the use of products that smell like the natural ingredient itself and not like a cocktail of chemicals making the users experience even more rejuvenating and blissful.
Here Is A List Of Some Amazing Natural Ingredients That You Could Use And Make It A Part Of Your Everyday Organic, Natural Beauty Routine
- COCONUT OIL– Considered as one of the most versatile skins and food ingredients, it removes dead skin cells, protects skin from sunburns and also contains antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antioxidant properties. Make use of this elixir to help cleanse heavy makeup, moisturize, remove dark spots, heal wounds or scars quicker, and prevent razor burns.
- TEA TREE OIL– Is one of the best home remedies for acne related skin issues. With properties make it work as an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-fungal, tea tree oil has been using for hundreds of years to fight breakouts, redness, and inflammation on the skin.
- RAW HONEY– Being full of nutrients, enzymes, vitamins and skin-boosting acids, raw honey is unprocessed honey that helps in reducing breakouts, has amazing moisturizing properties, contains unique antiseptic qualities, facilitates wound healing with its amazing antimicrobial properties, fights allergies and rashes, and also helps to reduce scars.
- Raw honey is also a great face cleanser and an exfoliator for dry winter skin.
- SEA SALT– Loaded with minerals and nutrients absorbed from the sea like magnesium, calcium, sodium, and potassium, that are also found in our skin, real sea salt helps balance, protect and restore the skin. Himalayan or Celtic sea salts used in toners, scrubs, and facial masks that are home, along with the addition of essential oils like lavender and raw honey can be a great skin booster.
- Not just that, sea salt also removes dead skin cells, soothes irritation, balances oil production and helps the skin retain its natural moisture levels.
Collagen, A Key Nutrient
Within these nutrients, there is one that plays a critical role in skin care which is called collagen.This element is present in all tissues of our body and fulfills vital functions such as helping in the metabolism of fats.
On the skin acts as a protective mesh that holds the skin, that is why when this mesh breaks our skin wrinkles and loses moisture.
Unfortunately, as with all systems and components of our body, there comes a time when we cannot generate collagen naturally, and even while we can do it, a vacuum is not enough. It is, therefore, important to consume foods rich in collagen such as red fruits and vegetables: apples, cherries, strawberries, red peppers, beets, etc.
These contain lycopene, which in addition to being an antioxidant, aids in the secretion of collagen.
Get That Daily Glow
Please do not expect to achieve a naturally glowing skin and a great looking body without a healthy diet; this is evident if you do not want to rely on chemical medicines that are always accompanied by substantial side effects, especially in the long term.
Looking radiant every day is easy if you know how. No amount of bronzer will give you the radiance that a natural glow can do. To achieve a natural glow, it comes down to making a few lifestyle changes.
- Start the day off with a big glass of water and a few slices of lemon to kick start your system and help flush out any toxins.
- Do not spend more than three hours without eating. Your body needs energy constantly, and it is better for your metabolism to ingest small but frequent portion.
- Never miss breakfast. The first one is always the most important meal of the day. For breakfast feed your skin some antioxidants by having a bowl of fresh seasonal fruit topped with chia seeds and goji berries. If you are super hungry, have tofu or paneer seasoned with some veggies and a slice of wholemeal toast.
- Go for a 30-minute walk, yoga or run to kick start your metabolism and get your blood circulating. When you get home, make yourself a healthy green smoothie. Blend some kale/spinach leaves, banana, coconut water and a pear together. Sip mindfully and feel the green power fuel your body.
- Before jumping in the shower do a little dry body brushing for an instant glow. Only use a natural bristled body brush and work in gentle strokes towards your heart. This is great for removing toxins, reducing cellulite and buffing off dry skin.
- Now time for a shower and a little hot and cold therapy. Start the shower hot for two mins then cold for 1 minute, do this a few times to get your circulation pumping. Doing this every day will help firm and tone the skin and boost your immune system.
- While you are still in the shower give your body a scrub to get rid of any uneven dead skin cells and promote smooth, glowing skin. You can use a natural scrub that you make yourself. Try mixing ½ cup sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil, and one tsp. freshly grated ginger. Apply and rub onto your entire body for about 5-7 minutes and rinse off using a lot of cold water.. Always note patch test first.
- Moisturize your body with nourishing body oil, and you are ready to start your day. Ensure that you drink two liters of water throughout the day to rehydrate and restore your body’s hydration level.
- Ingest foods rich in antioxidants, collagen, vitamin C, vitamin E, and biotin. These elements are essential for the renewal of the skin.
- Refresh and Rehydrate – an excellent way to stimulate your body is to sip on mint and lemon water. Simply add one tablespoon of fresh mint and two slices of lemon to a glass of water.
Get Some Exercise
No doubt you already know, but exercise is a routine that will help you to glow all day without the use of a ton of cosmetic products and all the mess that you go through to look naturally healthy and beautiful.
It brings many benefits, including helping to maintain healthy skin. Exercise allows you to improve the oxygenation of your body, improve your metabolism and elevate your energy reserves.
This causes you to have a much more balanced and stable body, making better use of the nutrients you eat and earmarking them for what they should do. For example, ingesting a lot of collagen in unbalanced body results in a loss of time, it is useless.
Exercise also tones the body and skin and the more it is toned, the better it will look and feel. The appearance of cellulite can be lessened by toning the muscles. The firmer and stronger the muscles the more elastic the skin will appear. The blood flow and the oxygen level in the body are increased with exercise which in turn flows to the skin.
Exercise does relieve stress and advantages of this do extend to the complexion. Some experts say that stress causes acne or at least flare-ups time to time. Regular workouts can help make skin problems manageable. Exercising helps the skin produce more of it natural oils which will keep your skin looking healthy, glowing and supple in the long run.
Supplements- Good or Bad
As I mentioned already, our body does not always generate the amounts of nutrients it should, so the option to take supplements is very valid and helps a lot. Vitamin supplements, minerals, and trace elements have the function of providing concentrated amounts of nutrients supplying some deficiency that we may have or simply reinforcing what we ingest.
A key factor when ingesting supplements is that you ensure that they are of natural origin so that your body can process and absorb them 100% without having to worry about side effects.
Some Very Effective Natural Treatments At Home For Glowing Skin
- It is necessary to carry out a process of cleaning, toning, and treatment of your skin every day.
- Perform a face cleaning with oats and milk paste followed by toning with rosemary water.
- Exfoliate the whole face and body with papaya peeling, and clean and tone with spring water.
- Apply a clay mask which is ideal for all skin types and especially oily and acne prone skin and with a high content of minerals and trace elements, essential to keep the skin well structured. Remember to apply the mask a maximum of twice a week. The best clay mask that you can invest is Indian healing clay which is also known as Bentonite clay. You can read more about them here world’s best facial at home.
- For dry, dehydrated, mature or sensitive skin types, use the Coconut Honey DIY mask by mixing two parts coconut oil with 1 part honey. For a more spa-like experience and better results, open pores in a bath or use a warm towel before applying your mask. Leave on for 15 minutes or longer. Remove with a wet towel, pat dry. You will notice the instant results.
Try This Weekly Homemade Spa Beauty Treatment To Get Natural Looking Glow Instantly ( all skin types)
- One tablespoon baking soda
- Milk or water ½ cup (140 g)
- organic, full-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Preparation- Remove all makeup, and make sure your hands are clean. Use a headband to pull back your hair.
- Exfoliate- Baking soda is fantastic for exfoliation— the texture is just right for a gentle scrub. Add a small amount of milk or water to the baking soda to make a paste. Then, using your fingers, massage it into your skin with small, circular motions. Start with your jaw and move upward, working the scrub into blackhead-prone areas like the chin, forehead, and nose. (Always avoid the eye area.) Rinse with warm water, and there you have it— a super-inexpensive at-home dermabrasion!
- Steam- A hot washcloth is a perfect way for you to give yourself a quick steam. For this steam, simply wet a washcloth under hot water ( but not too hot), wring out excess water and apply it to your face until the washcloth cools. Do this step two or three times.
- Apply a Mask- It may sound simple using only one ingredient as a face mask but you can’t go wrong with the organic full- fat Greek yogurt as a facial mask once a week ( make sure yogurt has no added sugar or flavors ). Let the yogurt’s lactic acid, probiotics, and fatty acids exfoliate dead skin cells, soften fine lines and lighten dark spots. Liberally apply the mask on your face using a face brush or clean fingers avoiding the eye area as always. Leave the mask on for 15- 20 minutes and remove gently with lukewarm water and a washcloth.
- Moisturize- Don’t be scared of putting oil on your skin! Gently massage a small amount of coconut oil or jojoba oil all over your face and neck ( go easy with it though,no rubbing hard on the skin ) It’s an excellent way to end the facial and the smell makes you feel like you are on a vacation 🙂 Read more about the facial oils and their benefits for getting a radiant skin here Facial oils complete guide for beautiful younger looking skin.
Get Your Beauty Sleep
It’s imperative to get between 7 to 9 hours of high-quality snooze time every night. If you’re getting fewer than 6 hours, it’s likely affecting your appearance and will show up on your skin very fast.
The magic happens while you sleep is that your body is boosting blood flow to the skin. Yes, that’s what gives you such a radiant and healthy glow. If you’re depriving yourself of the essential and restful sleep, your skin may look duller, and less vibrant.
Once you have a full night of sound sleep, you prepare the body and mind for the next day’s functioning.
It is during a good sleep when your body starts producing paramount including anti-aging hormones for the purpose to restore harmony in the body.
Restful sleep will avoid entropy that comes with fatigue and boosts your creativity, vitality and of course, helps to reverse the aging process.
Heal Your Skin With Yoga
- One of the most important steps to reverse your biological age and get a healthy younger looking skin and face is regular yoga exercise with some facial yoga.
- Yoga not only can help heal ourselves but with it, we can do things like reverse the aging process, reduce stress and much more.
- In other words, yoga has been a practical system to improve the quality of the lives of millions of people since many millenniums at a very deep level. Yoga cleanses the body, mind, and soul. All the negative energy is cleared, and you are left with more clarity.
- Yoga leaves you feeling blissed out and radiating with positivity. Yoga leaves you with a glow. Yoga isn’t just for relaxation it can also turn back the clock.
- Yoga cultivates calm by driving down levels of stress hormones that cause havoc with your general health and skin.
The Beauty Benefits of Yoga are Endless. Here is How
- Through breathing techniques (pranayama) and physical postures ( asana), yoga increases circulation which brings much-needed nutrients and oxygen to your skin. This helps to rejuvenate and revitalize your skin.
- It switches on your inner calm, which then causes the facial muscles to relax. This reduces wrinkles and gives the face a natural lift.
- Through the postures; it encourages blood circulation. This allows more nutrients to be carried in the blood; therefore your body gets a nutritious boost.
- Yoga restores digestion, strengthens the hormonal system and lubricates joints.
- Several of the postures also provide a gentle massage to your internal organs, stimulating them to release toxins gradually. When you stimulate your lymphatic system, your body can get rid of toxins more efficiently, which ultimately means clearer skin.
- Yoga postures can increase blood supply to the hair follicles in your scalp. The boost of nourishment creates thicker, shinier and healthier hair.
As far as face yoga is concerned, if you want to eliminate wrinkles and heal the facial skin, you need to practice the yoga face exercises daily with proper form and techniques.
If you do that, I guarantee you; you will see results within 10 days. Yes, 10 days as the maximum.
The yoga face exercises done correctly will give you a bright and rosy skin. You will be able to reduce wrinkles, puffy eyes, lizard skin, reduce dark circles, bags under the eyes, start eliminating lines on your forehead, sagging skin and much more.
Few Places Where You Can Practice Facial Yoga
There is a strong connection between what you eat and the appearance of your skin, while the liver filters toxins, the body fights to push this waste out to the colon.
So, when the organs become overloaded with the poor food choices, the body has no other way of eliminating these toxins other than the next largest organ that is your skin, which creates embarrassing blemishes and acne.
In fact, like skin cells, turnover vitamins and nutrients from food are essential to repair and rebuild the skin. Change the look and feel of your skin with good diet and lifestyle choices. Avoid junk and processed at any cost.
What about meat? Avoid that too, because of the hormones present in them.
You should adopt a healthy nutritional balanced diet and an excellent skincare routine that will help to clear up your skin of the ugly acne and blemish marks and ready for the world to step out without any makeup.
My Personal Food Choices To Treat Blemishes Naturally
WHEATGERM: Adding wheat germ in your diet keeps your body free from ugly blemishes. But more than that, it delivers essential minerals that your body needs to keep it in tip-top shape. Just add this easy to digest food to your favorite cereal or snack every day to get its full health value and enjoy its delicious flavor.
CARROTS: Carrots are loaded with vitamin A and other nutrients that are instrumental for healthier and younger looking skin. Even your long and flowing hair receives a lot of help from carrots if you eat them daily.
Eating lots of this delicious veggie gives your body a treasure chest full of wonderful health benefits and contains high amounts of carotene that help your body and skin feel and look younger. It also acts as a detoxifying agent, driving out toxins and free radicals out of the body to keep you fresh and free of unsightly blemishes appearing on your skin.
Like Smoothies and Juices?
Try this powerful beauty juice every day for a month and come back here to share your experience with others:
- 2 carrots
- fresh ginger
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 orange
- 1/2 lemon juice
Juice all the ingredients in a juicer and drink up!
Experts point out that the best way to protect the skin from the harmful sun is to drink sufficient amounts of water and use sunscreen along with a good moisturizer.
This can save you from the rays of the sun that cause damage to the skin. Consider buying a sunscreen of SPF 15 or greater and it should emphasize protection from UVA and UVB rays.
Do a proper research before buying it. Choose the one which suits your skin type (dry or oily, depending on your needs.) If you have a history of skin cancer in your family, you should use sunscreen even if you’re in the shade, and on cloudy days.
Some of the Organic Choices of Sunscreen
It may be hard to believe but is true that all makeup and beauty products for beautifying & Skin Care are not entirely chemical. Fortunately, in this modern age, there are a lot of the goods with organic ingredients of excellent quality.
They will probably be more expensive, but I assure you that it will be worth it.
Do not hesitate to spend time, money and energy on the care of your skin and your entire body because at the end of the day it is yours and you are responsible for it’s well being.
I have added very few of the whole galore of tips, tricks, and ingredients that mother nature has in store to take care of your delicate skin. From Almond Oil, Avocados and Aloe Vera, to Argan Oil, Lemon Oil, Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Honey, Oatmeal, Curd, Milk, Baking Soda Fruits, Vegetable Pulp Extract, Juices, Smoothies and so much more for you to pick from.
So, try out your favorite organic beauty products and ingredients, make your very own, holistic healing concoctions for beauty and health. Share your experience with others, Spread the word and dare to be different.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in the post are affiliate links, and if you purchase through our links, we will receive a small commission. This helps support the work of The Holistic Radiant, and it is much appreciated!