One of the oldest and most traditional natural therapies to treat various health and beauty ailments has been found in the form of massage therapy. In fact, it has been around for thousands of years.
Chinese, Japanese, Indian, and Greek cultures also show that people practiced massage as a form of therapeutic technique. Since then, we have been appreciating this old means of healing and relaxation and upgraded its styles and techniques to get the most out of its physical and psychological benefits like never before.
There are so many styles of massage to choose from, ranging from the most basic to the most unorthodox.
Talking about the variety of techniques, which involve the pressing, rubbing and manipulation of muscles, joints, and skin using hands, fingers, forearms, elbows, feet, as well as an assortment of massage tools, such as stones, rollers, balls, water jets and much more, no matter what style or technique you opt for, there is no denying the health benefits of a good massage.
It offers relief from symptoms, helps heal injuries, treats more than thirty different medical conditions, and promotes a general sense of physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
It is considered to be a part of complementary and alternative medicine, which helps with the treatment of a wide range of medical conditions.
Let’s Look at the 16 Health Reasons of Getting a Massage to Heal Ourselves Naturally and Traditionally
Some More Benefits of Body Massage For Men and Women
More and more research is providing evidence for the health benefits of massage, and it has become a well-recognized and respected form of complementary or alternative medicine.
- It makes you feel GREAT! Massage has been found in clinical studies to boost mood and can help alleviate symptoms of depression and sadness.
- Aromatherapy massage uses essential oils, which have medicinal properties and can be chosen for their mood-enhancing qualities. Neroli, sweet orange, bergamot, and lavender are all known for their mood elevating qualities.
- Massage helps you relax! If you are feeling stressed or uptight, massage is for you. The deep, soothing, and rhythmical strokes of a good massage should feel pleasurable to receive, and they help the body to unwind as tensions are released. Massage can help you get into a place of very deep relaxation, which is essential for the body to heal.
- Massage helps reduce muscular tension and relieve muscular aches, pains, and injuries.
- Massage helps alleviate stiff neck, pain in the joints, back pain, and so on. They contribute for blocking pain receptors in the nervous system and increases blood flow to the muscles. This can help improve joint mobility, and so can be beneficial for conditions such as arthritis.
- Massage helps reduce symptoms of anxiety. By lowering the cortisol levels in the body, massage helps calm the mind and relax the body. Anxiety is inevitably reduced through this process.
- Massage helps alleviate tension headaches. Tension headaches can be caused by postural misalignment or by muscular tension in other areas of the body.
- Massage relaxes the entire body, and this release can result in the diminishment of tension headaches.
- It helps you get a good night sleep. Massage helps you relax so deeply that you may feel very sleepy after a session. If you plan to have your massage later in the day, it can lead you into a profoundly restorative and restful sleep.
- It helps you detoxify the body. Massage helps stimulate the lymph system, which helps carry toxic waste from the muscles, organs, and tissues. This can help with digestion and will improve your overall health.
- It can even help you improve posture. Muscular tension can cause postural imbalance. Massage helps the muscles to release any tension genuinely. Once relaxed, the body can return to its natural state of balance, and correct alignment can ensue.
- Trigger point therapy, myofascial, and Swedish massage can ease symptoms of fibromyalgia. These techniques help flush toxins from the body and decrease tension. Specifically, trigger point therapy deactivates trigger points using finger pressure.
- Swedish massage provides relaxation and stress relief that helps ease fibromyalgia pain. Myofascial Release applies gentle pressure to connective tissue that helps alleviate pain and restore motion by elongating muscle fibers.
- Massage also contribute to improving cardiovascular health. By reducing tension and increasing blood flow and lowering cortisol levels, blood circulation is improved, stress is reduced, and the heart can operate at an optimum level with less stress. This leads to improved heart health.
So, if you were in any doubt about the efficacy of massage, hopefully by now you can see there are so many good reasons to get one that it wouldn’t make sense not to.
Before any of the health benefits, you get to feel nourished and nurtured by some kind, caring hands. You end up feeling like a new person!
You become so relaxed it’s as if you’ve been away on a two-week vacation! If you’ve never tried a massage, you don’t know what you’ve been missing!
Not only will you feel fantastic but also some of your health problems may simply fade away after a few sessions, or at the least be very much improved.
There are many different forms of massage, including Swedish, deep tissue, reflexology, aromatherapy massage, hot stone, sports massage, and various others.
Each has its purpose, but the most popular one that helps with different types of ailments and for general wellness is the Swedish massage that uses kneading motions.
Massage is also flexible since you can choose to get a full body session or one that addresses specific trouble spots on the body, like the neck, feet, or back.
Regular massages offer cumulative benefits for the mind, body, and spirit.
Find out a Massage Therapist today and give it a try!